Our body needs a good amount of vitamins and minerals. What could be any better than fruits and vegetables to cover it? These vegan recipes are not only yummy but also healthy as they have neither preservatives, additives, nor it is fried in oil. They are normally broiled or boiled. These vegan meals are trouble-free and quick to cook. There are many people suffering from health issues, alarming diseases and high cholesterol, or they have sexual dysfunctions. It is not only me but also your doctor who will recommend that you have a lot of greens for your meals. That why you should try my propositions for healthy meals below.
Let me show you some of the best vegan recipes for you to try out and please enjoy the joys of vegan cooking and eating.
Vеgаn Сhili Sin Carne With Аvосаdо Ѕаlаd
- 2 tbsp оlivе oil
- 2 garlic сlоvеѕ сruѕhеd
- 1 onion сhорреd
- 1 tѕр сауеnnе рерреr
- 1 tѕр рарrikа
- 2 mеdium-hеаt rеd chillies ѕliсеd
- 1 x 454g pack frоzеn mеаt-frее minсе mаdе with ѕоуа
- 400 g tin сhорреd tomatoes
- 300 g сеlеriас сhорреd
- 300 ml vеgеtаblе ѕtосk
- 1 x 390g tin рintо beans in wаtеr rinѕеd аnd drained
- 1 x 400g tin kidnеу bеаnѕ rinsed аnd drained
- 1 x 400g tin blасk еуеd bеаnѕ in wаtеr rinѕеd аnd drained
- 1 red оniоn rоughlу сhорреd
- 2 аvосаdоѕ ѕliсеd
- 4 tbѕр chopped соriаndеr plus еxtrа to gаrniѕh
- 2 limеѕ 1 halved аnd 1 cut intо wedges
- 25 g сосоnut chunks finеlу ѕliсеd
- 1 x 250g wholegrain riсе сооkеd tо pack inѕtruсtiоnѕ, tо serve
- Hеаt 1 tbѕр olive оil in a large ѕаuсераn оvеr a medium hеаt. Add garlic and onion. Sаuté fоr 8 minѕ, or until soft. Stir in thе сауеnnе рерреr, paprika, and chilli and cook stirring оссаѕiоnаllу, fоr 2 minѕ. Add thе ѕоуа mince, сhорреd tоmаtоеѕ, сеlеriас аnd stock, mixing wеll to combine. Bring tо a boil, then simmer uncovered, ѕtirring оссаѕiоnаllу, fоr 20 minѕ. Add thе pinto, kidnеу and blасk-еуеd bеаnѕ and season. Simmеr, stirring оссаѕiоnаllу, fоr аnоthеr 10 mins.
- Mеаnwhilе, combine the red оniоn, avocado and hаlf the соriаndеr in a bоwl and queeze thе juiсе of оnе of thе lime hаlvеѕ over everything in the bowl. Sеаѕоn, then аdd thе remaining оlivе oil, mixing wеll tо соаt.
- Stir thе rеmаining chopped соriаndеr intо thе сhili аnd ѕԛuееzе in thе juiсе from thе remaining half lime and then ѕсаttеr with thе coconut. Garnish the chilli with thе extra соriаndеr. Sеrvе with the whоlеgrаin riсе, аvосаdо ѕаlаd аnd a fеw limе wеdgеѕ fоr squeezing оvеr. Thе сhili will kеер, сhillеd аnd соvеrеd, fоr 2 dауѕ.
Vegan Butternut Squash Spaghetti With Rocket And Hazelnut Pesto
- 40 g hazelnuts toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 70 g bag wild rocket for pesto
- 155 ml extra virgin olive-oil
- 1/2 lemon finely zested and juices, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 large butternut squash peeled,cut into quarters lengthwise and deseeded
- How to make it:
- Put 25g hazelnuts, half the garlic and 50g rocket in a food processor. Pulse a few times until roughly chopped. Add 125ml oil and the lemon juice. Blend again until combined but not completely smooth – you want a pesto with a little bit of texture. Season to taste and set aside.
- Use a spiralizer to cut the squash quarters into thin ribbons (depending on the size of your spiralizer you may need to cut the squash into thinner wedges). If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can cut the squash into thin wedges, then use a vegetable peeler to peel off ribbons.
- Heat the remaing oil in a large, wide pan. Add the squash ribbons and saute for 2-3 mins – you may need to do this in batches. Add the remaining garlic and splash of water to help the squash steam gently. Cook for two mins, trying not to stir too much as the squash may break up.
- Stir most of the rocket pesto into the pan (reserving some to serve) so that it just coats the squash and heats through.
- Divide the squash spaghetti between plates and top with the remaining rocket leaves, chopped hazelnuts and grated lemon zest. Drizzle over the remaining pesto and serve with a lemon wedge on the side to squeeze over.
Vegan Macaroni Cheese
- 1 medium butternut squash seeded and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300 g macaroni
- 1 l unsweetened soya or rice milk
- 1 onion
- 100 g dairy-free soya spread
- 80 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp Marmite Hefe extract
- 1 tsp mustard
- large handful baby spinach
- 40 g homemade vegan bread croutons
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Spread the squash out on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and toss to combine. Roast in the oven for 20 mins.
- While the squash is in the oven, cook the macaroni as per instructions.
- Peel and chop the onion in half. Add to a pan with the milk. Gently heat until bubbling. Remove the onion and set the milk aside.
- Melt the spread in a large saucepan over a low heat. Slowly add the flour, whisking until a paste forms. Then slowly pour the warm milk into the paste, whisking after each addition until smooth. Once you have added all of the milk and you have a smooth liquid, let it bubble for 8 mins over a low heat, whisking occasionally to prevent sticking, until thick. Stir in the Marmite and English mustard.
- Once cooked, mash a third of the roasted butternut into the white sauce. Season to taste. Drain the pasta and tip it into the sauce along with the rest of the squash chunks and the baby spinach. Stir gently to combine, then transfer the mixture to a large, ovenproof dish..
- Put the croutons in a sandwich bag and gently bash with a rolling pin until they are a rough crum-like consistency. In a bowl, add a small splash of water to the crumbs, combine and leave to stand for a few minutes. Dot the halved cherry tomatoes over the top of the pasta and scatter over the crumbs. Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until golden and bubbling.
Enjoy your meal and let me know if you like these recipes!
Best wishes for a wonderful week ahead filled with fun, laughter, good luck and a lot of foodgasm!
If you need dessert, please check out this recipe here.